Please read the description carefully before applying.
Location: Zinkwazi Beach, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Position type: Full-time
Full-time Field: Telesales / Sales / Marketing / Customer Service
Salary/Commission: To be discussed during the interview
Package options: Board and lodging included (optional). We can provide furnished accommodation, laundry service, and three meals per day (for people without dependents/ partners only).
About the job: This position entails assisting the telesales representative in the processing of camp bookings, inquiries, and following up with the parents of our past campers to book another holiday camp. The position will also contact applicants for our International Academy. Candidates must excel at telesales in order to provide our current and potential clients with excellent and friendly customer service. The candidate must know how to create and sustain personal client relationships by keeping in touch and being quick to respond to all questions and requests. This position is essentially the first point of contact with the public, and therefore the candidate must be able to fluently express the strengths of our company, and the high-quality service that our brand provides.
Key Responsibilities: You will be responsible for assisting the Telesales Representative with holiday bookings, International Academy bookings and customer relationships including:
1. Returning campers: Calling past clients to find out if and when they are keen to return.
2. School campers: Calling parents of campers who came with a school group and who expressed interest in returning for a holiday camp.
3. New Inquiries: Explaining the benefits of summer camps to all new inquiries and converting them, where possible, into bookings.
4. International Academy inquiries and bookings
4. Customer Service: Following up with families after the kids have returned home to ensure that they had a fantastic time.
5. Database: Keeping the database updated with all new inquiries and processing bookings until the deposit has been received.
• Fluent in written and spoken English is a must. You must be well-spoken.
• Sales experience is required - You must have a passion for sales.
• Be able to thrive under pressure and be an excellent multi-tasker.
• Competent in telesales and enjoys daily telephonic communications – you will be expected to be on the phone for up to 4 hours every day.
• Excellent Customer Relationship skills.
• Proficiency in additional languages is advantageous particularly Afrikaans, French, Zulu, or Xhosa.
• Computer literate with an understanding of MS Excel, Word; LibreOffice, Email, and databases.
The applicant will have to relocate to the area (Zinkwazi Beach) or commute to the office daily. It is too far to commute from Ballito. The regular working hours are from 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, but when the camp is exceptionally busy, you may be required to extend into a Saturday or a Sunday.
We highly recommend you familiarize yourself with Sugar Bay Holiday and Sugar Bay International Academy by visiting our websites:
Sugar Bay Holiday Resort: www.sugarbay.co.za
Sugar Bay International Academy: www.sugarbay.world
Tip: Use the motivational letter to showcase your communication & sales skills, as well as your knowledge about our company & its goals. The motivational letter is your opportunity to stand out from other applicants. Please market yourself like you would be marketing us.